NO BINGO JULY AND AUGUST. RESTARTS FRI, SEP 08, 2022.
Do you or someone you care about, like to play pepper, euchre, bridge, bingo, or cribbage? How about line dancing?
If yes, that’s good to hear because our club members have a chance to play and have fun each weekday afternoon.
Each week we play:
Mon – Pepper… 1p.m. $2 a game
Tues – Euchre…1 p.m. $2 a game
Wed -Bridge….. .1 p.m. $2 a game
Thurs – Cribbage 1 p.m. $2 a game
Fri – Pepper 1 p.m. $2 a game
Fri – Bingo 1 p.m. $6 a game
Line Line Dancing
NO LINE DANCING JULY AND AUGUST. IT WILL RESTART SEP 8, 2022.
Dancing is a great way to be active and laugh with friends at the same time.
Each Thursday we offer a beginners class 09.30 to 10.00 a.m.
Regular class 10 to 11.00 a.m.
$5.00 each session from 09.30 to 11.00 a.m.
First session is free. If you want to return, join the club for $10.00 annual fee.
Luncheons and Christmas Dinner
Sitting down and sharing a meal with friends is an enjoyable way to start the afternoon.
Each spring, we have a ham and meatball dinner. In the summer we have a BBQ and in the fall we celebrate Oktoberfest. Each of these meals is held at noon and our members often bring a desert. The club charges $8 per member and it’s all you can eat.
At Christmas, we celebrate with a lovely turkey dinner. You get a break on the price because the club pays the majority of the cost of the ticket. If that’s not enough to catch your attention, how about the fact that after dinner, we give away a lot of door prizes. It’s a lot of fun and we hope to see you there.
(May 2022) Supporting the Community
When we support our community, we help our neighbours, friends, families, and ourselves.
We support our community by:
- Advocating with town council on behalf of our members.
- Sharing community news with our members.
- Each November, donating a wreath to Local Branch 157 of the Royal Canadian Legion Fort Malden.
- Collecting and donating old and unused prescription eye glasses. In 2018/2019, we provided 5 large cartons of glasses to a Lyon’s Club volunteer member who sorts, assesses, and ships them to people in need around the globe.
- In the beginning of 2022, we started collecting used prescription bottles which eventually be shipped to the Malawi project.
- Providing subsidized meals on special occasions, like our Christmas dinner event.
- Supporting Amherstburg businesses by buying local.
- Making charitable donations on behalf of our members. Most recently we donated to the Windsor Cancer Centre, Transition to Betterness, and the Windsor Hospice.
- In addition, to the above donations, making a monetary donation to a charitable organization on behalf of any member that passes away. The most recent (may 2022) donation was made to the Alzheimer’s Society.
- Participating in the Town of Amherstburg’s Healthy and Active Senior Expo each June.
- Contributing to the Town’s Rivertown Light Festival and donate money to the town’s mission..